Monday, February 7, 2011

all done!

I can't put into words how amazing it feels to say that I am all done with cancer treatments!!!! Radiation finished on Thursday, so now I just have to get rid of the Lovenox shots in my belly and I will feel like a 'normal' person again! The only lingering effects are fatigue (this might take a while to get rid of), a rash on my chest from the radiation, and still a little pain with swallowing. I meet with Dr.Anderson tomorrow to see how long he wants me to take these blood thinning shots, and if he wants me to be on a blood-thinner long-term, like Coumadin. I would rather not have to be on Coumadin, but I really don't want to have any more clots, so we will see what he says.

Being back to work has been interesting....I had been doing ok up until this weekend. I had to float to another floor, where I was running all night and truly felt my fatigue when I tried to wake up on Saturday. Normally, after working a 12 hour Friday night shift, I would sleep until 1230ish and get up on Saturday. Ha! I tried that and felt like I had been run over by a truck. I think that it might take a while for me to be able to bounce back again. So, I went back to bed and wasn't a very energetic date to Mike when we went to the Bucks game that night. :( Hopefully, as my energy comes back, it will be easier to recover from working the weekend. I have only been doing 12 hours a weekend since January, so I think I might try going back to my normal 24 hour weekend this coming weekend.

Well, I don't feel like I have anything profound to say today....I hope you are all having a great day today. Thanks again for all of your prayers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment